Yacht & Ship Registration Services
Who can register their yacht in Gibraltar?
Any British Citizen, British Overseas citizens or EU or EEA nationals or companies registered within the EU or EEA may register a vessel in Gibraltar provided they have a majority interest in the vessel’s ownership.
The Benefit of using Gibraltar to register your vessel.
By choosing Gibraltar as the Registry for your yacht, you will enjoy the benefits of an internationally recognized registry.
Gibraltar is an ideal choice for those who want the peace of mind in belonging to a British Register and flying the British Flag whilst taking advantage of the legislation which is based on English Common Law.
Gibraltar is unique in that whilst within the European Union and by virtue of being an Overseas Territory of Great Britain, it is in accordance with the terms of Accession outside the Customs Union and therefore no VAT is applicable in Gibraltar.
- The yacht will fly the British flag (Red Ensign) which has international recognition, prestige and protection.
- World wide assistance from any of the British embassies and consulates wherever the vessel may be situated.
- Legal title of ownership of the yacht on registration or transfer of ownership is very simple and efficient procedure.
- The Register is a public record, open to inspection by interested third parties, such as buyers, and/or potential lenders, offering security as to title.
- All legal mortgages are required to be registered which enables interested parties wishing to purchase your yacht the option to check as to whether the yacht is free from encumbrances.
We are able to assist with the registration process, transfers of ownership, assist with the filing requirements, transfer of registry and register any mortgages/charges.
For more information on our Yacht registration services, please contact us.
Disclaimer: This website contains general information only, without any warranty that the content is accurate, complete or fit for a particular purpose. It does not constitute professional advice. The Castle Trust Group does not accept any responsibility for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this website and recommends that for a specific matter a suitable professional is consulted.